Original publish date: April 15, 2020
Inside this episode:
- India’s sweeping lockdown to combat the coronavirus outbreak is the largest restriction of movement the world has ever seen. In this episode, Moody’s analysts William Foster and Alka Anbarasu talk through the credit implications of containment efforts for the country’s government and banks.
- Analyst Gabriel Torres also joins to discuss Argentina’s economic outlook and prospects for another debt restructuring.
- Government of India – Baa2 negative; update following forecast change
- Government of Argentina – Ca negative; update following downgrade to Ca, outlook negative
- Outlook changed to negative as coronavirus outbreak and bank default add to risks
- Moody's Emerging Markets Focus