Original publish date: May 13, 2020
Inside this episode:
- Atsi Sheth of the Credit Strategy and Research team shares insights on how the coronavirus will likely push the global economy into recession this year, and why the downturn poses particular risks for emerging markets.
- Sean Marion of the Financial Institutions team discusses why credit risks are rising for South African banks.
- Coronavirus and the Economy: Alternative Data Monitor
- Global Macro Outlook 2020-21 (April 2020 Update): Global recession is deepening rapidly as restrictions exact high economic cost
- Banking System Outlook Update - South Africa: Credit profiles will weaken as the coronavirus pushes economy into recession
- Moody's Emerging Markets Focus