Original publish date: April 29, 2020
Inside this episode:
- Ariane Ortiz-Bollin of the Sovereign team and Nymia Almeida of the Corporates team discuss the factors behind our recent rating downgrades of the Mexican sovereign and domestic energy giant PEMEX.
- Insights from Franco Leung of the Corporates team on the weaker operating environment for China’s property sector, one of the most active segments in emerging Asia debt markets.
- Government of Mexico – Baa1 negative; update following rating downgrade to Baa1, outlook negative
- Rating Action: Moody's downgrades PEMEX's ratings to Ba2; negative outlook
- Outlook turns negative; but most rated developers are stronger than broad sector
- Moody's Emerging Markets Focus