Original publish date: June 24, 2020
Inside this episode:
- David Rogovic of the Sovereigns team discusses how the global travel slump is hurting emerging market countries, particularly small island-economies with a heavy dependence on tourism revenue.
- Barbara Mattos of the Corporates team shares insights as to how Brazilian mining giant Vale, a bellwether for the sector, is faring after coronavirus related disruption to its operations.
- Lack of economic diversification and fiscal space leave small, island economies vulnerable to sustained drop in tourism
- Coronavirus outbreak halts Itabira, a credit negative for operational stability
- Moody's Emerging Markets Focus